If this is your first chemical peel, you’re in for a treat! Chemical exfoliation might sound a little alarming, but you can find chemical exfoliants in many over the counter products. What’s the difference? The quality of ingredients, concentrations and pH levels of a medical-grade chemical peel is far superior and the way in which the skin is primed and prepped can actually provide you with far better long-term results.
We want to ensure you will get the most of your treatment so here are some helpful guidelines to follow before your Chemical Peel:
- NO tanning a week prior and be mindful of heat exposure too. You can hide from direct sun, but heat can create sensitivity/reactivity too!
- NO retinol, enzymes, or other chemical exfoliation products to be used 5-7 days prior.
- Scrubs, cleansing devices and masks are ok as long as your pressure is light.
- If you’ve had other procedures/treatments elsewhere, please let your aesthetician know; it’s very important they are fully aware of what your skin has undergone.
- If you are currently on or have been on Accutane within 6 months
- If you are pregnant and/or nursing
- If you have a recent tan (UV exposure or tanning bed) within 48 hours
- If you have a sunburn
To Ensure Optimal Results
- Drink lots of water. Hydrated skin is happy skin!
- Do you exfoliate at home? Removing dead skin build-up regularly, even between facials, helps accelerate cell turnover.
SkinCeuticals Retexturing Activator is a trusted exfoliation favorite that can be used daily and is super gentle for any skin type.
Did you know you can also add other procedures to your facials? Combo Treatments are amazing if you’re looking for something will a little more oomph for your skin! We can pair Microneedling, Laser Genesis and Dermplaning with your Chemical Peel, depending on your specific skin concerns.
We look forward to supporting your skincare goals!