This safety plan is in addition to our existing Safety and Sanitation Plan which is available upon request. Halcyon Cosmetic Solutions Ltd has implemented the following protocols to reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission.
All workers must read and acknowledge understanding of this plan before returning to work.
This plan follows WorkSafeBC guidelines and includes:
SCREENINGClients must fill out and sign a Covid-19 screening questionnaire prior to arrival and workers must self-assess daily.
- Workers or clients with symptoms of illness including general cold symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing are not permitted to enter the clinic.
SYMPTOMSAppointments must be cancelled should workers or clients have any of the above symptoms of Covid-19.
- Workers or clients with symptoms are not permitted to enter the clinic until 10 days of isolation have passed.
- We have modified our Cancellation Policy to allow late cancellation flexibility due to symptoms.
PHYSICAL DISTANCINGWorkers and clients must remain 2m apart when possible to reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission.
- Workers with no booked clients must not come to work.
- Workers must minimize movement in the clinic by remaining within their designated workspace (procedure room/reception) whenever possible.
- Staff room is limited to a maximum of 2 people at a time, keeping a 2m distance.
- Office is limited to a maximum of one person at a time.
- Storage room is limited to one person at a time.
- Workers and clients may only enter the common hallway or reception area when unoccupied.
- Clients must wait for their appointment outside the facility and call upon arrival. They will be notified when their practitioner is available.
- Appointments will be staggered to avoid multiple clients arriving or leaving at the same time.
- Shifts and breaks will be staggered.
HAND HYGIENEHand sanitizer is available in every room and is the preferred method of hand hygiene unless hands are visibly soiled. Workers must perform hand hygiene
- upon arrival to work
- before every client procedure
- before setup of procedure tray
- before putting on gloves and after removing gloves
- before and after any breaks
- after any personal procedure (blowing nose, coughing, eating, using the washroom)
- between procedures on the same client if hands are soiled
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- All workers must wear a single-use disposable mask, or a washable fabric mask, to contain droplets when performing services in close proximity to clients.
- Should a reusable, fabric mask be worn it is limited to 3 treatments per mask and must be laundered at the end of each workday.
- Clothing must be protected with a single-use disposable plastic bib, or a smock, lab coat or apron that is washed daily.
- Wall-mounted hand sanitizer has been installed at the entry, in procedure rooms, in the staff room, and outside the washroom and storage room.
- Hand sanitizer is available at reception.
- Wall-mounted glove dispensers are installed in every procedure room and available at reception.
- Brochure racks, booklets and brochures have been removed from all common spaces.
- Aftercare cards have been removed and instead, information is available on our website.
- All equipment, other than that in use, must be removed from procedure rooms.
- Only tools and equipment required for current procedure are permitted on trolleys.
- Products in procedure rooms, such as pigments or skincare, are kept at a distance or high enough to reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission.
- Blankets and pillows are not permitted except within the restricted procedure room.
- Linens must be kept within closed cabinets or on shelves high enough to minimize the risk of Covid-19 transmission.
- Laundry hamper has been relocated to the restricted procedure room, walking through the clinic with laundry is not permitted.
- Product testers have been relocated to the storage room and may be accessed by workers only.
- Existing waiting room chairs are separated by 2m and can be disinfected.
- The use of cash is discouraged, though envelopes are provided for cash tips.
- Loyalty cards have been eliminated and loyalty information is kept electronically.
- Protocol signage for both workers and clients has been placed throughout the facility.
- No food is consumed at the front desk or in treatment rooms.
- All workers’ coffee mugs or water glasses must have lids and be kept at least 2m from any other person or within a closed cabinet for periodic access.
- No family or friends are permitted unless physical assistance or translation is required.
- Clients must wear washable or single-use disposable masks. They may bring their own or we can provide one.
- Clients must use hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Hand shaking and hugging are not permitted.
- We will not provide blankets except in the restricted procedure room. Clients should bring their own sweater or small blanket if they anticipate being cold.
- We will not provide pillows except in the restricted procedure room. Should clients require special support (such as for the neck) they must bring their own.
- We will not provide water; clients must bring their own.
- Clients should minimize personal belongings brought into the clinic and will be required to place their belongings on a hard-surface chair or in a basket lined with single-use, disposable plastic once in the procedure room.
- Cash transactions are discouraged; but should clients wish to tip in cash, an envelope will be provided.
- Clients are encouraged to pay via our contactless booking software but must let us know if they’d like to add a tip to the amount charged.
- Clients paying in person must use hand sanitizer prior to contacting the POS device.
- POS device will be covered with barrier film that is changed or disinfected after each use.
RESTRICTED PROCEDURESProcedures that cannot be performed with the client wearing a mask are restricted and include facials, dermaplaning, microneedling and laser skin rejuvenation. Cosmetic lip tattoos are not permitted at this time. Restricted Procedure ROOM
- Room 3 is designated for restricted procedures
- No other procedures may be performed in the restricted procedure room
- Only workers providing these procedures and the client receiving treatment are permitted in the restricted procedure room
Workers providing restricted procedures must:
- Be trained and licensed aestheticians or medical professionals
- Hold valid certification in Infection Prevention and Control and BBP
Workers providing these services and clients requesting these services must:
- Acknowledge understanding of the risk they are taking by performing/undergoing such procedures
- A summary of risks and acknowledgement of understanding must be signed
- Adhere to all other measures we have put in place to reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission
PRODUCTS AND TOOLSIn addition to our Safety and Sanitation Plan we have added the following protocols:
- Procedure tools must not be shared between workers.
- All products and tools must be kept in closed drawers or cabinets or on shelves at a distance and/or high enough to minimize Covid-19 transmission.
CLEANING & DISINFECTION SCHEDULEThis cleaning and disinfection schedule is in addition to what is outlined in our Safety and Sanitation Plan. Procedure Room surfaces including counter tops, doorknobs, faucets, light switches, cabinets and handles, beds, chairs, stools, procedure trays, trolleys, lamps, and other equipment must be disinfected with Cavicide (or similar intermediate level disinfectant) according to the directions
- between every client, and
- at the end of each day.
Reception Area, Staff Room and Washroom surfaces including counters, door handles, faucets, light switches, reception, cabinets and handles, must be disinfected with Cavicide (or similar intermediate level disinfectant) according to the directions
- at least once in the middle of the workday, and
- at the end of each day.
Office surfaces including desk, doorknobs, light switches, chairs, drawers and handles must be disinfected with Cavicide (or similar intermediate level disinfectant) according to the directions
- at the end of each
Flooring and Windows must be washed
- At least once per week.