The glow from this manual exfoliation is instant! Dermaplaning is a very gentle way to slough off the dead skin build-up on the skin without little to no downtime.
- Avoid direct UV exposure and ensure you apply your recommended SkinCeuticals SPF.
- Cleanse with your SkinCeuticals cleanser before bed with lukewarm water. Pat dry and follow with your SkinCeuticals hydrating products.
Because there is minimal downtime with this treatment, post care is quite simple! That said, you have had a thorough manual exfoliation and your skin will still be sensitive and possibly reactive for the days to follow. Please follow our guidelines to ensure optimal results:
- Adequate protection with your appropriate SkinCeuticals Vitamin C Serum, moisturizer and SPF.
- No Retinol/Acid based exfoliation for 48 hours, or as advised by your Aesthetician.
- No excessive heat sources or sweating for 24 hrs post treatment.
- There is a small chance the skin may be nicked slightly during the facial, as we are using a medical-grade blade. Even under the steadiest of hand, sometimes the skins’ condition (whether it be excessively dry and/or thin in an area) can get nicked. Should this occur, please DO NOT apply exfoliation, scrubs, or any alcohol-based product to affected area until it has healed. You may apply a topical hydrocortisone to the area if you wish however, it should heal quickly.
A series of Aesthetic treatments every 4-6 weeks is ideal when working to correct and/or achieve an overall improvement of the skin. We have treatment and product packages available to ensure your skin is at its best.
If you have any questions or concerns during this time, please contact us. We are happy to help.