Dermaplaning is a great treatment for an instant glow! It gently sloughs off dead skin build-up, while eliminating that peach fuzz most of us dislike, to leave your skin fresh, bright and picture perfect. It is very populare before big occasions because there’s little to no downtime involved. It also allows for better product penetration to let all of those amazing active ingredients soak into your skin.We want to ensure you get the most from your treatment so here are some helpful guidelines we would like you to follow before Dermaplaning:
- NO tanning a week prior and be mindful of heat exposure. You can hide from direct sun, but the heat can create sensitivity/reactivity too!
- NO retinol, enzymes, other chemical exfoliation products 5-7 days prior.
- Scrubs, cleansing devices and facial masks are ok as long as your pressure is light.
- If you’ve had other procedures/treatments elsewhere, please let your aesthetician know. It’s important they are fully aware of what your skin has undergone
- If you are on or have been on Accutane within 6 months
- If you have a recent tan (UV exposure or tanning bed) within 48 hours
- If you have a sunburn currently or within the last 7 days
To Ensure Optimal Results
- Drink lots of water. Hydrated skin is happy skin!
- Use hydrating products before your facial. Your skin will respond better when well hydrated. If it’s a struggle to keep moisture levels high, we’ll guide you in the right direction!