Laser Genesis is a comfortable, non-invasive laser procedure that targets acne, fine-lines, flushing and rosacea, enlarged pores, scars, and sun damage. You can anticipate improvement with each subsequent treatment. Typically, a series of six treatments is suggested, although you may see much improvement before that!Laser Genesis creates heat in the upper dermis which stimulates collagen production to create visible textural improvement. As the heat builds in dilated capillaries, the capillaries are permanently damages, resulting in a noticeable reduction of redness. We want to ensure that you get the most out of your treatment, so here are some helpful guidelines we would suggest following before your Laser Genesis procedure:
- NO tanning the week prior and be mindful of heat exposure as well. You can hide from direct sun, but heat can create sensitivity/reactivity too!
- NO retinol, enzymes, or other chemical exfoliation products to be used 48 hours prior
- Scrubs, cleansing devices and facial masks are ok as long as you use light pressure
- If you have had other procedures/treatments elsewhere, please let your aesthetician know. It’s very important they are fully aware of what your skin has undergone.
- If you are on or have been on Accutane within 6 months
- If you have a recent tan (UV exposure or tanning bed) within 48 hours
- If you have a sun burn currently or within the last 7 days
To Ensure Optimal Results
- Drink lots of water; hydrated skin is happy skin!
- Use hydrating products prior to your facial; skin responds better when hydrated. If you struggle to keep moisture levels up, we’ll guide you in the right direction!