- Do not touch the treated area.
- Refrain from sweating for a minimum of 24 hours.
- You may apply a clean cold pack for a few minutes at a time to help with pain or swelling.
For 1-2 Weeks Following the Procedure:
Gently splash with cool water once a day. Do not rub or scrub or disrupt flaking. Pat dry and apply a thin layer of aftercare ointment (it is normal to lose colour onto your Q-tip or finger while applying aftercare). Reapply aftercare often to keep your lips moist.
- Always wash your hands before touching.
- Avoid sleeping on the treated area.
- Avoid heat, moisture, dust, and debris for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and/or sunbeds for at least 4 weeks.
- If your lips become very dry, minimize movement to avoid cracking or splitting your lips.
- Do not rub, scrub, or pick at the epithelial crust; allow it to flake off naturally.
- Any required adjustments will NOT be done for at least 6 weeks to allow complete healing and avoid forming scar tissue.
- Should you develop increased pain, redness, warmth, itching, or swelling in the treated area, please call us, and/or a physician immediately.
A follow up appointment is almost always necessary to complete lip colour. Follow up appointments may be booked 6-12 weeks after your initial procedure for the reduced touch up fee. Appointments beyond 12 weeks will be charged the refresh rate.
Failure to follow our post procedure instructions may cause pigment loss, discolouration or infection.
Lip colours always appear significantly brighter/darker immediately after the procedure. As the healing progresses, colour almost disappears before resurfacing to a soft shade once healing is complete.
Questions about permanent lip colour or aftercare? Please contact us.