PRIVACY OF INFORMATION
To comply with the regulations as set out in British Columbia’s Personal Information and Protection Act (“PIPA”) enacted on January 1, 2004, the following policy has been developed for use by Halcyon Cosmetic Solutions Ltd (dba Halcyon Cosmetic Clinic).
The privacy act applies to the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information. “Personal information” means any identifiable information about an individual that relates to their personal characteristics – example: age, gender, colour, ethnic background, family status, education, health history, family medical history, etc.
Privacy of your personal information is an important part of Halcyon Cosmetic Clinic providing you with quality care. We understand the importance of protecting your personal information. We are committed to collecting, using, and disclosing your personal information responsibly. We also try to be as open and transparent as possible about the way we handle your personal information.
In this office, Kelly Hallam, RTNM CPCP acts as the Privacy Information Officer.
All staff members and associates who have contact with your personal information are aware of the sensitive nature of the information you may have disclosed to us. They are all trained in the appropriate uses and protection of your information. The following is an outline of what our office does to ensure that only necessary information is collected about you:
- We collect protected information in the form of registration information that you provide to enroll as a client/patient or use our client/patient portal,
- We collect protected information in the form of information that is created, used or disclosed in the course of providing cosmetic or health care services to you, which we file in your electronic medical records,
- We do not collect any more protected information than reasonably necessary to provide our services, operate our Electronic Medica Record (“EMR”) and client/patient portal, and respond to your requests,
- We use your billing information to obtain payment for the services we provide to you, and
- We only share your information with your consent.
Storage, retention, and destruction of your personal information complies with existing legislation and privacy protection protocols. Our privacy protocols comply with privacy legislation and standards that have been set in accordance with our regulatory bodies and current laws.
Do not hesitate to discuss our policies with any member of our staff. Please be assured that every team member in the is clinic is committed to ensuring that you receive quality care.